RECIPE - SOUPS & SALADS
Steak, Beetroot & Lentil Salad
I love beetroot and for ages thought that I could not have it on the Low FODMAP diet, however after a recent check through changes on the `monash app I found we could have pickled beetroot, yay! This is a lovely fresh salad that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. The sweetness of the beetroots and walnuts contrast very well with the sharpness of the wholegrain mustard and saltiness of the feta cheese.
- Rump Steaks - 2
- Wholegrain Mustard - 2 tsp
- Spring Onions, green ends only, diced - 4
- Pickled Beetroot, sliced - 200g
- Pickled Beetroot Juice - 3 tbsp
- Walnuts - 50g
- Maple Syrup - 2 tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tsp
- Lentils, canned, rinsed and drained - 400g
- Rocket Leaves - 120g
- Feta Cheese - 70g
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. Line a baking tray with some grease-proof paper, scatter the walnuts over the tray and drizzle with the maple syrup. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the nuts are lightly toasted and caramelised.
3. Pre-heat a frying pan over a high heat, rub some oil over the steaks and cook for 3 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, season and cover with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
4. Whisk together the pickled beetroot juice, wholegrain mustard and olive oil. Then season with pepper.
5. Combine the beetroot, lentils and rocket in a large bowl and drizzle with half the dressing. Toss to combine.
6. Divide amongst the serving plates, sprinkle over the walnuts and crumbled feta. Finally slice the beef, add tot he plates and then drizzle over the remaining dressing.