RECIPE - SOUPS & SALADS
Prawn, Burnt Orange and Quinoa Salad
I have always liked orange in a salad with smoked fish such as Mackerel, so fancied trying to pair with one of my favourite shellfish. The smoked paprika & garam masala adds a great smoky flavour to the dish and really compliments the sweet warm juice from the oranges. This a nice refreshing warm salad, a great autumnal lunch.
- Prawns, uncooked - 200g
- Quinoa - 150g
- Bell Pepper, sliced - 1
- Orange - 1
- Mint, finely chopped - Small handful
- Smoked Paprika - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Infused Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
1. Firstly make an incision down the back of the prawns and remove the vein, if not already removed. Then put into a bowl with the smoked paprika, garam masala and the oil. Then cut the orange into wedges and mix with the prawns and leave to marinade for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packet and leave to cool, once cool mix in the chopped mint leaves.
3. Heat a heavy based frying pan and start dry frying the pepper pieces so they start to almost catch. This should take5-10 mins on a high heat, once done mix through the quinoa.
4. Keep the heat on the pan and add the orange segments and prawns and cook for a minute on both sides until they start to char. Add to the salad, season woth salt and pepper, and serve straight away.