RECIPE - SOUPS & SALADS
Thai Chicken & Coconut Soup
This recipe has been taken and adapted from a Carol Vorderman detox book. It is a wonderfully light and refreshing soup that is perfect on a sunny but cool day. When buying the stock for this recipe please check the ingredients to ensure it is Low FODMAP and Gluten Free. If you do struggle to find a stock in the supermarket, one we have found is Massel's, which is an Australian make and is available to buy on Amazon. Alternatively you can just substitute the stock for water, flavoured with a splash of Soy Sauce (GF) and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Chicken Breast, cut into strips - 2
- Lime, juice and zest - 1
- Coconut Milk, canned - 400g
- Chicken/Veg Stock - 400ml
- Lemongrass, cut into strips - 1 stalk
- Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated - Thumb sized piece
- Red Chilli, finely chopped - 1
- Fresh coriander, finely chopped - 1 handful
1. Sprinkle the lime juice over the chicken pieces, cover and place in the fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Place remaining ingredients in a saucepan and heat until boiling. Add in the chicken and the lime juice and then reduce heat to a simmer and leave to cook for 15 minutes.
3. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with the coriander.