RECIPE - SNACKS & SIDES
Thai Chicken Wings
Who doesn't love Chiken Wings? These take inspiration from thai food, and have a ncie balance between saltiness from the soy sauce, fragrance from the lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves and heat from the ginger and chilli. They are best marinated for 48 hours or as long as you possibly can to let the flavours marry and develop. Yum.
- Chicken Wings
- Lemongrass, chopped - 1 stalk
- Kaffir Lime Leaves - 5
- Lime, zest and juice - 2
- Chilli, finely chopped - 1
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce / Tamari - 4 tbsp
- Maple Syrup - 2 tsp
- Fresh Ginger, grated - 2 cm piece
- Demerara Sugar - 2 tsp
- Spring Onions, green ends only, finely sliced - 4
1. Start by trimming the chicken wings and seperating, if you need help then have a look at this guide (How to Trim Chicken Wings).
2. Once mixed with all the other ingredients, marinade for 48 hours in the fridge, you can do this for less time but do try and leave to marinade for as long as possible, a minimum of 2 hours.
3. When marinated pre-heat the oven to 150°C and spread the wings out on a baking tray, reserving the juice from the marinating dish. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
4. Then transfer the tray to a heated grill and cook to build up a glazed finish on the wings. Takes around 10 minutes under the grill whilst brushing on some of the remaining marinating juices.