RECIPE - SNACKS & SIDES
Brazilian Cheese Breads - Pao De Queijo
These cheesebreads are like a cross between yorkshire puddings and little cheesy muffins and they taste so good. They are best eaten warm pretty much straight out of the oven as the cheese makes them fluffy and stretchy. We prefer them in a small muffin tin but they can be made in a normal size muffin or bun tray. Depending what type of cheese you use determines whether you will need to add more or less salt.
Makes around 40
- Tapioca Starch - 3 cups
- Canola/Rapeseed Oil - ½ cup
- Lactose Free Milk - 1 cup
- Cheese, any type - 2 cups, grated
- Salt - 2 tsp
- Eggs - 3
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
2. Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth.
3. Lightly oil a small muffin tray and then pour the mixture in, making sure to leave a gap of around 0.5cm between the mixture and the top of the muffin container.
4. Bake for around 15 minutes or until slightly golden and risen.